Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the 2011 Summer National Senior Games presented by Humana! This event will take place in the Houston area from June 16-30, 2011, and the Houston Local Organizing Committee is excited to make these the best Games yet. It is the skills and talents of volunteers like you that will ensure the success of the Games in the Houston community.
Key volunteer information you should know:
1. REQUIREMENTS: All volunteers will be required to work a minimum of two (2) volunteer shifts (most shifts are approximately 4 hours). ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE (by May 1, 2011), AND INITIAL THE ONLINE RELEASE WAIVER. VOLUNTEERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A PARENTAL CONSENT WAIVER SIGNED AT THE MANDATORY VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION.
2. AVAILABILITY: Volunteer shifts will be available throughout the duration of the Games, with some volunteer opportunities prior to the start of the Games. There are many opportunities available for interested volunteers, with multiple dates and shifts available.
3. TRAINING: All volunteers will be required to attend one of the Volunteer Orientation sessions. At this session, volunteers will receive information specific to the event, role specific training, uniform, credential, and other instructions.
4. UNIFORM: All volunteers will receive a Senior Games shirt and credential. These items must be worn at all times while working. Please pair with khaki or black pants or walking shorts and comfortable shoes.
5. PARKING: Volunteer parking will be available at each of the event venues. The precise locations of each volunteer parking lot will be communicated during the Volunteer Orientation sessions.
Please click on Register Now! on the right side of this page to begin your online volunteer registration. You will first be required to complete a personal profile to establish an online volunteer account and then you will proceed to selecting your desired shifts.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! The 2011 Summer National Senior Games presented by Humana is sure to be a memorable event for all involved. For further information or assistance, please contact our Volunteer Department.
Houston Local Organizing Committee Volunteer Department Contacts: